The system department is resposible for over seeing the implementation of a comprehesive University-wide project to intergrate information and communication techology (ICT) in all its functions The University systems include the academic records, Infromation system (ARIS) , Human Resource Infromation Systems(HURIS), Finacial Informaton Systems (FINIS) and Library Information Sytems (LIBIS).
The Library Information Systems:
The Library Information system aims to provide quality digital information sources and services that support the university's instructions, research and extension programs.
- Improved access to the library databases through the online library catalog subscribed external databases on the web.
- Efficient derlivery of articles and other doccuments through the automated rounting system
- Customised Intractive library Instruction
- Efficient Interlibrary loan system
The Academic Records Information System
The Academic Records Information System aims at providing quality digital information sources and services that suport the University's academic records management and research administration.
- Efficient processing of class and examination timetables
- Improved and efficient access to students records
- Improved and efficient processing of students applications, admission, transcripts and administration of research projects.
The Finance Information Systems:
The Finance Information System aims at providing quality digital information sources and services that support the University's finance information management.
- Reliable finacial database to support the University's finacial system (Students accounts Records, Assets management, Purchases, Budget Control, University accounts)
- Online access to finacial information.
- Timely generation of finacial reports
The Human Resource Information system:
The Human Resource Infromation System being set up will provide quality digital information sources and services that support the University human resource information.
- Improved handling of personnel records
- Improved and efficient handling of human resource functions, these include staff salaries, appointments, promotions retirements, training e.t.c.