- Ensure databases are online all the time
- Perform timely backups of data for business continuity
- Disaster Recovery site
- Provide access only to authorized users
- Only allow users to efficiently access data from specific locations and workstations.
- Audit system logs on the databases
Existent Data Repositories
Public Universities Joint Admissions Board runs on Mysql Database Management System
Makerere University E-learning Environment is an E-learning plateform that is hosted on MySQL Database Management System.
Is a repository of scholarly work by Makerere community and runs on PostgreSQL Database Management
Open course ware stores open course content and runs Mysql Database Management System
- Ledger Works
Keeps record of budgeting, income/expenditure and ledger
Electronic Library Information Navigator. This is an interface for e-resources.
University website files and databases. These databases are mainly run on MySQL Database Management System.
- Has 26 disks, a total of 5TB
- Challenge faced is how to use this application.
- Training is required to explore full functionality of this application
- Backup documentation for Oracle database is available.
- Documentation for setting up the DRC site is available.
- Oracle database are monitored everyday to ascertain the availability of disk space.
- Backup:-backups are always about 12 hours late(Oracle database cluster license needed to tackle for this
- Data management policy guidelines
PLANS NetAPP: (Training in NetAPP could be useful to use the appliance) Oracle training NAS for end users to store their data (procure more disks)