Defining a Filter EXAMPLE :
To deliver all mail from a specific person e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org to a specific folder e.g. John Doe
- On the folders menu create the folder "John Doe"
- Click "Edit Mail filter" in main menu to create the filter rule then... Define the rule name
- Set the header definition: this can either be from or subject in this case we shall use ?from?
- Define the target text and its matching criteria. i.e. the header from field should contain the email@example.com as set in 3 above.
- Select the action; to save mail in the kate folder created in 1) above
- Submit your selection VERY IMPORTANT: select ?save all changes? or your rule will be discarded. NB: To add a new rule to an already existing set of rules always click add otherwise your existing rules will be replaced with the new rule